– This article was published on Press Release (May 2015)
… Enhanced decision making to help serve local communities…
LONDON – Wednesday 13th May 2015 – insynergi®, the bespoke coaching, mentoring and training company, has announced that it has been awarded a three year framework agreement to deliver ‘Better Business Case’ training to a cross-section of managers throughout Hampshire Local Authorities.
Developed by the Welsh Government, the Better Business Case framework helps to deliver value and the right outcomes from projects and programmes through the Five Case Model, which provides practical tools to enable effective decision-making when planning spending proposals.
The approach covers five key elements when assessing the viability of a project or programme:
- The strategic case – strategic fit and clear investment objectives;
- The economic case – optimising value for money;
- The commercial case – attractiveness to the market and procurement arrangements;
- The financial case – affordability;
- The management case – deliverability and plans for delivery.
Eddie Kilkelly, Managing Director at insynergi, comments, “A well prepared business case is essential for enabling evidence-based decision making. This applies both in public and private sector projects. The core elements of Better Business Case were delivered through e-Learning, which allowed senior managers to learn at their own pace. Then we hosted a one-day workshop to look at the practical implementation of those skills on active projects. This blended approach has allowed local authorities to upskill key staff in a scalable, cost effective and manageable way – and we are delighted to be supporting them.”